8th February 2008telecommute |
Participants that are calling in remotely should mute their lines
- Use the mute button
- Don’t type on your keyboard unless you are muted
- Don’t type on your keyboard on the same table as the conference speakerphone
- Get an attendee list so you know who in the conference meeting in-person and on the phone.
- Use screen sharing (WebEx) capability to broadcast power-point slides
- Have one or more people assigned to take meeting minutes or notes. Distribute the notes to all conference attendees
- For large conferences, >15 people, have a conference coordinator that can monitor the quality of the conference call.
- Know the cost of the call. Charges are typically based on a price per participant per minute.
- Have an out-of-band communication channel. Instant Message (IM), Internet Relay Chat (IRC), or the WebEx text chat tools will allow people to send messages to the conference coordinator or others without interrupting the conference call in progress.