To run a script on all database instances currently running on an Oracle RAC cluster node I have used the following:
for sid in `ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|grep -v ASM|cut -d_ -f3-|sort -u|grep ^dw`; do export ORACLE_SID=$sid; sqlplus “/ as sysdba” @security_audit.sql; done
posted in One-liners, Systems Administration |
The Gap is the difference between the ideal economic balance point and the current reality. For businesses you want the gap to be large – High demand and low supply helps keep profits high.
posted in Uncategorized |
As with all things in life, there is a light and a dark side. The principles in this book can be used for good or bad. The good leads to light, the bad to the dark side. The dark side is always terminal.
Never Outshine the Master
Make your boss look good to his boss. Support your bosses goals and objectives. If you try to keep all of the credit and all of the experience your pace will be slower. You can not take both the experience and the credit away from every situation. You get to pick one: credit or experience. Give your boss the credit and you get to keep the experience. Doing this will give your more opportunities for exposure to new and better challenges to gain more experience. After you have gained enough skill, power, influence and experience then you can start collecting the credit but not before.
Never Put Too Much Trust In Friends, Learn How to Use Enemies
Without enemies around us, we grow lazy. An enemy at our heels sharpens our wits, keeping us focused and alert. If you don’t have an enemy or a competitor, then find one.
posted in Book Review, Laws of Power |
A typical cause is fragmentation of the shared pool due to a lack of sharable SQL. But that is not the sole cause (e.g. have a look at Metalink note 556140.1).
See also yaodba
posted in Oracle |
…i would suggest going back to the basics – the oracle server concepts manual. once you’ve read that, read it again. next read the developers guide, next read the performance tuning guide…just keep reading…read tom’s books also! once you think you’ve read enough, come back here, and start trolling through performance related questions that tom has already answered. finally if you still have a question, ask it then. from AskTom
posted in Oracle |
Business Continuity Planning Model
Resources to get DR and BCP info from.
DRI (DRI Internatinoal)
posted in BCP, Disaster Recovery (DR) |
Looks like Joomla now has an update to their api to allow scribefire to connect. Has anyone checked this out?
joomla xmlrpc metaweblog scribefire
posted in wordpress sandbox |
Participants that are calling in remotely should mute their lines
- Use the mute button
- Don’t type on your keyboard unless you are muted
- Don’t type on your keyboard on the same table as the conference speakerphone
- Get an attendee list so you know who in the conference meeting in-person and on the phone.
- Use screen sharing (WebEx) capability to broadcast power-point slides
- Have one or more people assigned to take meeting minutes or notes. Distribute the notes to all conference attendees
- For large conferences, >15 people, have a conference coordinator that can monitor the quality of the conference call.
- Know the cost of the call. Charges are typically based on a price per participant per minute.
- Have an out-of-band communication channel. Instant Message (IM), Internet Relay Chat (IRC), or the WebEx text chat tools will allow people to send messages to the conference coordinator or others without interrupting the conference call in progress.
posted in telecommute |
Everyone in business will have to deal with people, relationships, communications, and writing.
When you or your company fails to deliver — then you apologize to the customer and make it right to restore equity.
- Accept responsibility for your own conduct
- the more you read, study, and practice the more valuable you are
- You have to keep reading because there is opportunity in the flow of information that you have to be in tune with
- it is better to have three good people rather than fifteen under motivated.
- Green light or pass
- We have passion
- In business it all starts with communication, an email, a contact, a meeting, a party, a film review, a convention, a seminar. etc.
- you level the playing field and now everyone can produce content. The effect is now there is no way to find the content you want and there is no filter to prevent.
- communication, read the paper, look for p
- We gotta get into his head and understand how to promote him. Find the story and learn to tell it.
- Find out the people we are going to target and then find the people that are already working with the target market.
- Be able to write a good memo so that you can make some money someday.
Get a list of the people in the team and their talent
Uploaded on January 11, 2008
In the business letter…
- Let the customer know that it is OK to say no
- Thank you for your time and consideration
- read the NY times article on the Music Man, iTunes,
Some text that goes here will be in terminal mode
Other text will not be in term mode
<code><span style="background-color: rgb(198, 217, 241);"><a href="http://flickr.com/photos/nicomedes/" title="">not one of the producers cared or mentioned about the artist<br>From American Idol - they get the public to know and relate to the artist.</a></span></code>
Before the memo goes out… have someone proof-read the memo. Two people reviewed the email before it was sent. One of them caught an error in the year.
posted in ACC 2020 |
These are my notes from the first managerial accounting class.
- Be the best
- Watch CNBC, read the NY Times and Wall Street Journal
- At the end of the class you will be qualified to have people working for and and they will wantto work for you.
- Don’t give the instructor too much credit. this is the 200 time that he or any professor has tought the class and anyone can make it look good after the 200th time.
- All tests will be in class
- There is an online eBook (but I already have the book from the prior class)
- Nothing positive ever came from a negative thought.
- Business is about doing business with people you like – so be likable
- There is no validation in talking to a salesman
- Research and know for yourself – don’t jump into a decision without doing your homework
- Read a book
- Relationships matter
- Cut your losses
- Preserve income capability
- Go do your homework
- Business is common sense
- Nothing is more insincere as insincerity.
- Dress professionally to show
posted in MGMT 2200 |